Senior & Mid Level Designer
San Diego/Minneapolis + Remote
You’ve got a deep desire and a passion to design and contribute to the creation of amazing brand experiences.
As Senior & Mid Level Designer, you’re well-versed in all aspects of brand development, visual design, user-centered experience design, interaction design, motion design and the creative process. You’re able to create elegant solutions for complex problems, transform ideas into concrete answers and provide clarity through visual communication and aesthetics. You are experienced in leading projects, mentoring talent and presenting to stakeholders at all levels.
What you bring to the table:
- A passion for brands and the desire to bring the strategy to creative execution to drive results
- A love for the digital space (practices, procedures and technologies) and user-centered design principles
- A desire to work in a multi-tasking environment
- The capacity and drive to act in both strategic and tactical roles as needed
- A commitment to working as part of a collaborative team, providing team leadership
- Pride in communicating your design ideas and process clearly
- Evidence that you can create and extend a coherent design system
- Extremely strong interpersonal and client presentation skills
- Sharp wit and a manner that inspires trust and confidence in clients as well as internal teams
- A solid understanding of front-end development process and the technologies they use
- Comfort establishing and maintaining relationships with co-workers and clients
- A mastery of your design tools—apps and techniques alike
- Self-starter that doesn’t require hand-holding
- A strong understanding of motion and the ability to execute
Other stuff you’d do:
- Collaborate closely with your project teams and clients to create compelling design solutions for complex products or systems
- Think through design and UX challenges and create solutions that stand up to rigorous testing
- Solve complex design problems using an evidence-based rationale
- Establish scalable and comprehensive design systems
- Work closely with development teams to ensure ideas can be brought to life
- Serve as a valued consultant for our clients
- Present work to clients as well as mentor others in best practice client presentation methods
- Experience working on Agile approached teams & projects
- Ability to manage multiple projects and teams
Our ideal candidate for this position is focused on Brand Development, User-Centered/Visual Design, strong Motion/Video and 5+ years of experience developing Strategic User-Centered Design. Digital design experience and background is a must.
Junior Web Developer
As Folklore's Creative Technologist, you are a self-motivated master solver.
You integrate with Folklore’s collaborative team approach and love working in teams, collaborating with Folklore Strategy, Experience Design, Visual Design, and other Technologists. You strive only for the best, and you don’t mind speaking your mind in order to work towards creating the best possible experience.
Creative Technologists build and shape a visitor’s experience at a website. You do this through the creation of page layouts, website styling, page features, and ensuring display and data support where needed. Along with strong technical skills, you must have strong written and oral communication skills, a solid grasp of digital design, and exceptional workflow management sensibilities. You think not only about the line of code at hand but the best way to create flexible, long-lived platforms. Above all, you love to find solutions and aren't afraid to get creative — be it via emerging technologies or new ways of solving old problems.
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Help validate the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize web applications for flexibility and performance
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Participate in technical discussions and provide feedback as needed
- Assisting in handling day to day bug fixes and various tech-related tasks
- Demonstrate attention to detail, work well in a team environment, be highly motivated, and willing to learn new skills
Skills And Qualifications
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3.
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS.
- Basic understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX.
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Gimp, Photoshop, or Sketch is a plus.
- Basic understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Basic understanding of SEO best practices.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as GIT.
- Good understanding of responsive design for mobile devices.
- Basic understanding of unit and functional testing.
- Experience integrating APIs and cloud deployment.
- Creative, curious, and eager to join an “all hands on deck” team.
What you bring to the table:
- A love for the digital space (practices, procedures, and technologies) and user-centered technical design principles.
- A desire to work in a multi-tasking, fast-paced environment.
- The capacity and drive to act in both strategic and tactical roles as needed.
- A commitment to working as part of a collaborative team.
- Familiarity with developing for accessibility.
- A commitment to building strong interpersonal and client presentation skills.
- An understanding of the design process and the technologies they use.
- Comfort establishing and maintaining relationships with co-workers and clients.
- High skill in your design tools—apps and techniques alike.
- Self-starter that can take direction and ask for clarity.
- Additionally, any product design experience would be great to highlight if you have it.
Other stuff you’d do:
- Collaborate closely with your project teams, discipline leads, and clients to create compelling solutions.
- Solve problems using an evidence-based rationale.
- Work closely with design teams to ensure ideas can be brought to life.
- Serve as a valued consultant for our clients.
- Experience working on Agile approached teams & projects.
- Ability to deliver for multiple projects and teams.
Our ideal candidate for this position is focused on web development, implementing complex designs and 2+ years of experience developing websites using modern technologies.